This course is a work in progress. You can expect lectures to be published every business day until complete.
To provide an introduction to UI testing on android with Espresso, Mockito and some of the most useful test classes in androidx.test.
Complete beginners when it comes to UI testing. There is no required knowledge.
What you'll learn:
- Testing Activities in Isolation:
- Activity Navigation:
- Intents and startActivity
- Back navigation
- Test Suites:
- Running multiple test classes in a suite
- Firebase Test Lab:
- Run UI tests on hundreds of virtual devices using Firebase Test Lab
- Testing Fragments in Isolation:
- Fragment Navigation:
- Testing fragment transactions
- Fragment transactions with FragmentFactory
- Mocking dependencies
- Constructor injection (no dagger)
- Retrieving activity results
- Choosing image from gallery
- Capturing an image with camera
- Material Dialogs (Library)
- Is dialog visible?
- Capturing input from user
- Is toast visible?
- Scrolling to list item
- Clicking list items
- List item verification
- Espresso Idling Resource:
- Required for background work
- Configuration Changes:
- Simulating a configuration change
- Creating Custom Test Rules:
- @SmallTest, @MediumTest, @LargeTest:
- What do these mean?
Github repo: Source code
# lectures: 8
Total video time: 01:35:36
By Mitch Tabian